Miss Lopez's blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Halloween is in the air!

The kids are getting into the Halloween spirit with me! Halloween stories are all I can think of at the moment. To say I am obsessed might not be an exaggeration because I have been watching nothing but old scary movies lately!  Old 80's and 90's movies that make you jump, are at the top of my list!
Halloween is also all the kids can think of, so I have prepared two lessons for the kids to begin writing Halloween stories this week.  
One of the stories we are working on with class 602 has a mummy as the main character!  
We began our craftivitiy today with 602.  I love combining crafts with meaningful learning activities to engage my students.  “Craftivities do just that!” It is not a word that has been added to the dictionary just yet, but it’s certainly one of my favorite words.
Craftivities help with retention and allow my students to practice the ever-important skill of following directions, as well as provide ample opportunities to improve their fine motor skills and foster creativity.  Let’s face it, they’re just plain fun! 
Students are for sure more motivated by a craftivity than they would ever have been about completing a worksheet!  Just look at them go!















Stay tuned to see what class 503 will be creating!
Have a good night,
Miss Lopez

No comments: