Miss Lopez's blog

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cabin Fever at Pierre de Coubertin School

I don't know about you, but we are suffering from cabin fever at Pierre de Coubertin School.  
The cold weather these past two months has been unbearable! I am not one to stay indoors during the winter and wait for spring.  I like going outside, winter, spring, summer or fall.  I need my vitamin D and fresh air!   I love bringing the kids to breathe some fresh air as well for a few minutes in the afternoon.  I believe they need to decompress too and just be kids.  I also believe that they perform better the second part of the afternoon afterwards.  
However, with frigid temperatures of -38 °C (with the windshield),  we risk getting frostbite or frostnip if we go outside for even just a few minutes! So we have been staying indoors:(  
As a result we have also been sharing germs.  Many of the munchkins have been out sick, because we have been in doors for so long!
We still managed to be productive and make sure we find a way to use up some of our energy! Let me tell you, we have lots!
We have been working hard as always.  We stop a few times to burn some of that energy with our Brain Breaks too.  
We have been having a blast!






 Sciences: du papier qui a du muscle
Notre but était de déterminer quels piliers supportent le mieux une charge.













Projet d'éthiques sur l'amitié





Pas encore des photos!






Having fun with words!






We also started working on our literary genres project: Fairy Tales, Fracture Tales, Folk Tales and Fables













Stay tuned to see our chefs-d'oeuvres!
Have a great week-end everybody and stay warm!
Miss Lopez

No comments: