Miss Lopez's blog

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Knitting Club #1

Our first knitting lesson was not too bad. We were all very eager to learn. Some of our girls found out very early that knitting is a very difficult thing. I found out that knitting can be pretty stressful. I've always felt like it relaxed me. Today was an experience. We had some tears, towards the end of our first club meeting, we had lots of smiles.
Here are some pics of our meeting:)

Miss Santilli was one of our members!  She picked it up too:)









Many of our girls were able to begin what we call the cast on/cast off/Binding. So many weird ways to call the making of the foundation or the first row of stitches on your needle. We will work tomorrow at recess once again. I can't wait to see how the boys will handle it...they were very curious too and some tried to start it too:)

 Here is a quick video of what we learned today:




Thanks Alexia for letting me videotape your hands:) 


Remember to first make the loop you need to make the other stitches:)


I hope the video can help those girls who want to practice tonight.

Miss Lopez

p.s: I actually don't mind recording my voice anymore. I think I sounded pretty cool!  It was also my first time doing a voiceover...what do you think?? :)

No comments: