Miss Lopez's blog

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Toothless

Hello everyone,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We had a great week last week. I've been meaning to post all the pictures I took all weekend.  I was just finishing up a very awesome project. I've been telling our munchkins about it too. I keep telling them how math is everywhere, all around us. This project was a perfect example.  
My nephew Max (the munchkins know all about him :)) decided that he wanted to be Toothless for Halloween. Toothless is the little dragon from the movie he absolutely adores: How to train your dragon. It is very difficult to find costumes of this little dragon. Being someone who loves challenges, I decided I was going to grant him his wish. I was going to make Toothless for Max! I am no stranger to sewing machines, needles, pins and thread. However, I had never taken a project this big.
Well after several weeks of cutting, sewing and poking myself with pins, this is what the final project looks like:


Max was too excited with his new costume, he had a hard time posing for the picture:)




The munchkins have been dying to see pictures of the famous costume Miss Lopez made for Max.  I hope they get to see it.


------------------------------:) --------------------------------------
Going back to last week...


Monday was the day we discovered our taste buds…we use cotton swabs to experiment with the different flavors…some not so delish:)  
















Projet: Potions Magiques:














Writing our Halloween Stories: 













We'll be reading our stories to our classmates this week!  I read them already (couldn't wait) and I loved them all!  Our munchkins have a such vivid imaginations!  
Have a wonderful week!
Miss Lopez

No comments: