Miss Lopez's blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

Follow your dreams

Hi everybody,
I hope you are enjoying your day off:) 
I wanted to congratulate every single one of you (mommies, daddies, and munchkins) for working so hard last term.  You are amazing!  I am impressed by all of the things that you do; for working hard; for never giving up.
You never seem to stop amazing me with everything that they do. 

I am so happy with all of the hard work that we do.  When I speak to many of my friends talk about how they are unhappy with their jobs makes me sad. I always knew that I wanted to work with children.  I wanted a job that allowed me to make a difference, do good things and have a big impact on the world.  I decided to become a teacher.  I really want to help children enjoy their day at school and found you can make their day really fun by being creative. 
I am so increadibly lucky to be doing what I always wanted to do.  I followed my dream and became a teacher:) When you are a teacher you have the opportunity to show individuals that they really matter. It's your job to discover their talents and help them find out who they are. This has always been a central part of my teaching. I really want to help shape my munchkin's lives, to help them discover they are important as individuals.
All my little ones are so very special, they have so many talents and incredible gifts.  Each and everyone of them brings something so special to our class.  Class 403 wouldn't be the same without them.

I wanted to share this video I recently watched about a wonderful thirteen year old, Jodi Piazza, who is not letting anything stop her from achieving her dream.  She is a musician, a song writer, a singer...she has an array of talents.  Jodi is also autistic.  She performed for the telethon, Night of too many stars, last week in New York city.  



Miss Lopez

No comments: